Monday, October 31, 2005

 

Harry Potter in the Midlands

After getting through 1373 pages of Harry Potter since Wednesday last week it's back to reality, albeit one with a bit more magic than usual. Read both "The Order of the Pheonix" and "The half-blood Prince" - although I'd read the former before, when reading the intro to the latter it was referring to some things which had happened already - and I couldn't remember them. So I just decided to read "Pheonix" again...and enjoyed it a lot more than first time round.

Otherwise things here are good. Eugene spent the weekend and we cooked some *wicked* meals. Stir-fry on Friday night and sweet chili chicken with basmarti rice and mixed vegetables on Saturday. I discovered artichokes in the fridge and tried cooking them up. What a mess! According to the instructions you're supposed to boil them with some lemon juice to stop them going brown), peel off the outside leaves until you're left with mostly white single leaves. The problem is, I don't know what to do from there; I don't know what I'm looking for (chop up the leaves? or the base?) Suggestions?!

Technorati Tags: , ,


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?