Sunday, October 16, 2005

 

Birthdays, farewells and power failures

My social life has been very low recently. In fact, an ECG was called in by the fun police to see if indeed there was any life, or if rumours of it's continuance had been greatly exaggerated. They had to turn the sensitivity right up, but a pulse eventually *was* detected. Luckily, yesterday was different.

Bonnie is going back to the States fairly soon, so before North Carolina welcomed her back into the land of media which is at least as biased as ours, she threw a farewell party. Unfortunately (for her) she set up a diary room where anyone could go and video a goodbye message from themselves. I'd like to nominate myself for most creative farewell. I hope she puts at least that section of the video online at her blog. Mwahahaaa!

Then to Soi's in Melville, where Kath celebrated her 26th bday. Imagine - people younger than her have kids now. Scary. Anyhow, cool place, fun evening. Especially when much screaming was heard when the power went out (thanks, Eskom!). Why do girls scream when the lights go out?! Nonetheless, we still ordered some cool stuff and much fun was had by all. I got to dust of my prostitute story and my Chinese massage story and fill Claire in on the gory details.

Next on the social list was Simon Marcus's birthday party - in his back garden. And what a cool venue! Great to see Dory (aka Maryke) and Louise again. I also managed to persuade a very tired (hence malleable) Arlyn to help me bite Maryke's ankles. Mwahahaaa! Managed to put my foot in it by commenting one of the guys singing tonight was a bit flat. Unfortunately, he was in the room at the time. By himself. *sigh* I think someone is trying to teach me humility. Or at least to shut up.

Happy birthday Si! Happy Birthday, Kath! Farewell, Bonnie! (and no silly songs about oceans either, ok?)

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?